Marketing and Fundraising Officer - Food+
- 15 hours per week
- £21,000 – 22,000 pro-rata depending on experience. Based on 37.5 hour week.
One year fixed term with possibility of extension depending on funding
- Food+ launched in December 2012, an initiative of Citygate Church Beckenham. With the core belief that no one in the UK need go hungry, Food+ set about to redistribute surplus food from major retailers including Sainsbury's and Lidl to those in financial need in the Borough of Bromley, as referred by a collection of local frontline charities.
- Food+ has grown to a team of forty volunteers, with many businesses and organisations partnering and many private and public sector referring charities. Food+ now serves around 70 clients a month
- Food+ is unique in that, with its four hour turnaround and emphasis on both collection and distribution to the end user, it can provide a full grocery shop including all sorts of fresh produce to those most vulnerable in the Borough
- Food+’s clients are referred directly from local front line services, including Women’s Aid, Bromley Children’s Project, Carers Bromley, Age UK
- Food+ also delivers Christmas hampers and presents, and supports its vulnerable clients with e.g. house moves, supply of furniture, decorating assistance etc.
- Food+ is also aiming to launch a number of new projects in 2016 including basic cookery courses for its clients, and family fun days
- Aside from a part time project manager, Food+ is staffed by volunteers.
- We have ambitious expansion plans which the successful applicant will play a key role in implementing. Food+ seeks a motivated self-starter with the ideas and drive to take Food+ to the next level
- establishing a fundraising strategy including seed funding for new initiatives (a key part of which will be corporate sponsorship and major donors)
- initiating and developing relationships with suppliers and charity partners
- Devising and implementing marketing initiatives to attract donors and business and charity partners
- Developing and strengthening the Food+ brand
- Assisting in the research and development of business opportunities to gain revenue
- Seeking and developing opportunities to publicise food+ including in the local and London press and online
- Limited administrative duties may also be required
- If desired, there may be the opportunity to manage discreet projects
Attributes of successful candidate
- Experience of fundraising and/or marketing in the Third Sector
- Able to identify and develop suitable fundraising opportunities
- Able to maintain and maximise support through relationships with local businesses, charities, Bromley council and community organisations
- Able to work without close supervision, and to apply initiative
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong academic record
- Ability to listen and communicate well
- Shares the values of the initiative with conviction
- Impressive record in community fundraising including managing relationships with major donors
- Experience in a small to medium size charity undertaking growth
- Substantial marketing experience
- Successful track record in negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Experience with social enterprises or in small business
- Experience of managing social media
- Food+ is an initiative of Citygate Church. It is therefore desirable but not essential that the successful applicant shares Citygate's Christian beliefs.
To apply for this post please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com